Couples are responsible for obtaining a valid marriage license from the State of Louisiana on their own, and either the bride or the groom must appear in person to obtain the license. There is a 72 hours waiting period from the time the license is issued and the ceremony. The license is valid for thirty (30) days after the date issued.
– Photo Identification (current driver’s license) is required
– Birth certificates or certified birth card is required for both parties.
– Applicants must provide both Social Security numbers.
– If divorces, a certified copy of the final divorce decree is required.
– If widowed, a certified copy of the death certificate is required.
– No medical examinations or blood tests are required.
– Applicants under the age of 18 but over the age of 16 need parental consent.
As mentioned, Bride or Groom, both do not have to attend as long as one presents all documents for both parties. A Certified copy of a Marriage Certificate costs $5.00 plus an addition cost for mailing. The approximate price of the license is $27.50. All fees are non-refundable.
Address: Orleans Parish Marriage Office
1010 Common Street, Suite 1245
New Orleans, L.A. 70112
Telephone: 504 560 3620
Office Hours: Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 4:00pm
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.