There is no residency requirement which means one can marry the same day they arrive on the island which is ideal for the cruise couples. St. Lucia does not require you to take a blood test before getting married. You are required to apply for the marriage license in person which can be done by the morning when you arrive in port. This usually takes 30-45 minutes including driving time. The License is $450.00 which includes the license, registrar fees and certificate. We will also send the certificate high-speed to your home address once processed.
– A passport and birth certificate is required for both parties.
– If either party is divorced, a decree absolute must be presented
– If either party is widowed, a copy of the death certificate of the deceased spouse must be presented
– If either party is under the age of majority then written parental consent must be given
– If a change of a name had taken place in the case of any parties, then the Deed Poll under which this was done must be produced
If documents are not in English they must be translated and the originals/certified copy must be accompanied by a notarized translation. All documents are returned to you on the wedding day. Couples must walk with the original or certified copy of the above listed documents on the morning of their appointment at the License office. Failure to do so may result in the application being denied.